Wal-Mart is the largest retailing company in the world, founded by Sam Walton in 1962. It offers wide category of products & services including Retail goods, Photo Services, Pharmacy, financial Services and Wireless Service. In order to begin trading with Wal-Mart, Suppliers must be fulfil Walmart's EDI protocol and manage orders & inventory using Walmart EDI solution. There are following basic requirements before setting up EDI communication with Wal-Mart suppliers.
- Wal-Mart Suppliers must be EDI capable. To become an approved Walmart supplier, you will need to establish AS2 Communication to send EDI transactions to and from Walmart
- Walmart supplier must provide Accurate Data Through Global Data Synchronization Network (GDSN ). As an approved Walmart supplier, need to be 100% in sync with Walmart and provide accurate data through GDSN (Global Data Synchronization Network). With GDSN trading partners are able to share and use the same, accurate information automatically
- Walmart supplier's must have active Items
- Walmart supplier must be a regional only supplier
- Notify the vendors' buyer or sales representative to ensure that vendors have active items with Walmart. They cannot test items in case if you don't have active items.
EDI documents are exchanged using the EDIINT AS/2 (Applicability Statement 2). The basic EDI documents for setting up EDI with Walmart are:
- 204 Motor Carrier Load Tender
- 212 Motor Carrier Trailer Manifest
- 214 Transportation Carrier Shipment Status
- 810 Invoice
- 812 Credit/Debit Adjustment
- 816 Address Listing
- 820 Remittance
- 850 Purchase Order
- 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgement
- 856 Advance Shipment Notice
- 864 Text Message [ for invoice errors ]
- 940 Warehouse Shipping Order
- 997 Acknowledgement.
- Branded packing slips for drop shipments
- GS1-128 (formerly called UCC-128) bar code shipping labels
ASN is utilized to electronically communicate the contents of a shipment to Walmart It contains information about the products and transportation that are being sent to Walmart. Walmart supports SOPI format for ASN's. Packaging structure SOPI stands for Shipment, Order, Package, Item Walmart provides a cross-docking supply chain solutions to suppliers. By this cost-savings method suppliers can load and unload products for redistribution in one location with minimal handling and storage and transported directly to the stores.
To know more on how we implement EDI for Walmart, contact our sales department at +1 888-339-0722 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org