EDI is defined as computer-to-computer exchange of business documents among business partners in a standard and structured format such as X12, EDIFACT, GS1, VDA, and HL7. EDI improves efficiency, communication and accuracy of data exchanged, strengthen partnerships, and drive down costs.
What Is EDI Capability?
Virtually EDI capability is the organization’s capability to implement an EDI solution to streamline and improve operational efficiency of business communications by exchanging data electronically with trading partners, suppliers, and vendors. There are 2 primary methods of becoming EDI capable: either outsource EDI projects or buy your own software. Outsourcing EDI is more cost effective and helps in increasing productivity and processing accuracy. Suppliers can rely on outsourcing EDI to fully manage EDI exchange and stay EDI compliant, allowing suppliers to focus on their core business.
How to Become EDI Capable?
Implementing and managing an In-house system can be daunting and inefficient for any organization. It requires staffing, consultants, a steep learning curve and capital investment in hardware and translation software.
Basic requirements for an in-house EDI system:
- Software for mapping and translation
- Hardware (servers, backups, etc.)
- Communication services and transmission-related
- Ongoing technical
- Staff to configure and maintain EDI systems
Small and midsize companies new to EDI should be prepared for a lengthy and ongoing process with large initial operating costs and pricing to set up an in-house EDI system. Becoming EDI capable is a not an easy task for people who aren’t already familiar with it. Hiring a professional EDI service provider is the best long-term solution for mid and small businesses. An EDI service provider already has the equipment and information your business will need to succeed
The Benefits of Outsourcing EDI Capability with Infocon Systems
Infocon Systems offers everything you need to be EDI compliant and capable in most cost-effective on the market. Infocon Systems make EDI as easy as an Internet connection and an email account.
Outsourcing to Infocon Systems:
- requires no hardware and software for organizations
- performs all EDI-related processes including development and mapping and provides 24/7 continuous support allowing an organization’s staff to focus on other core business tasks
- provides a cloud-based EDI solution that can accessible be from any device with an internet connection.
- cover all ongoing maintenance and regulatory compliance requirements
To learn more on how we can help you become EDI capable and achieve compliance with your trading partner(s), please contact our sales department @888-339-0722 or email us at email@example.com